Requirements for creating a package:
- In order to use the packages feature on Practice, it's a requirement that you connect your Stripe account to your Practice account
- It's not a requirement to actually use payments associated with your package (i.e. a package can be offered without a price) in the case that you'd like to collect payments outside of Practice
Step 1: Create A Package
Head over to your Payments tab inside of Practice and Create A New Package using the + button in the upper right-hand side of your Practice dashboard
Step 2: Configure The Details
Here, you'll be prompted to enter in the basic details of your package:
- Title: What is this package called?
- Slug: The public link (a URL) that your package uses for you to share. Note however that this will automatically populate as you enter in the title of your package, this field exists in the case that you'd like to change the URL
- Description: What would you like a client to see on the checkout page?
- Icon: Add an icon to this package
Step 3: Manage The Content
In this step, you'll configure both:
The number of appointments
In the creation of a package, you'll have the ability to configure the number of sessions or appointments that are associated with this package. So, if you offer five (5) sessions as part of a given package, you'd enter the number 5 under the number of appointments field.
The custom scheduler you'd like to use
As part of your package creation, you can pick a scheduler to use within this package. This enables a client to book a session with you and have it count towards the allotment of your package. A client will have the ability to manage their fulfillment of your program via the scheduler that you associate with this package.
Learn more about how to create a scheduler
Learn more about how to attach a scheduler
Step 4: (Optional) Configure Billing
In the final step, you have the option to collect payments as part of the checkout experience with your package. At this time, the payment will be required up-front for the client to purchase the package during the booking flow.
If you would like to not require payment as part of the booking flow, simply disable this toggle and billing will not be associated with this package.
Use the chainlink icon to copy a generalized link to your package or use the 3 dot menu to send or view your package as a client
Remember that on every client record of a client that has signed up for a package or been assigned a package, a personalized link to their package exists in the green card on their client record
You must either send a client a generalized link where they sign up for a package like in step 8, or assign them a package from the contact record. Just keep in mind if you assign them a package there's no payment collected, so if you want to collect payment, send the package as shown in step 8.
Once a client signs up for a package or visits their personalized link, they'll see a themed page (determined by your branding and theming on the public page profile) that tracks all your sessions together and you're all set for booking sessions. Ask them to bookmark their personalized link or you can send it to them from the contact record like in step 9.
Article is closed for comments.